Sunday, January 12, 2014

I will miss the days we had

"Tell me something', give me hope for the night
We don't know how we feel
We're just praying' that we're doin' this right
Though that's not the way it seems

Summer gone, now winter's on its way
I will miss the days we had
The days we had
I will miss the days we had
Oh, I'll miss the days we had"
                                                                             - The Head and the Heart (Winter Song)
The new semester, after getting off to a rocky start with the infamous "Polar Vortex", is now in full swing.  Homework (and LOTS OF IT!) is a regular activity for all 4 of us.  On Friday Jan. 3rd I posted a status message on faebook that read, "Today I picked up all my books; classes start on Monday. 
With each obstacle the kids and I overcome, or each step in a new (and completely different) direction - like starting college at 40 yrs. old, or buying a car for Sarah - we are slowly moving on, moving forward. It is bittersweet every time it happens because part of me so desperately does not want to move on, to move away from who we were with him."   
   Sometimes it feels like life is just going through the motions.  But then, there was an evening where we were all at home and working on homework (Sarah was in her room, Noah practicing piano, and Micah and I were at the kitchen table), and Micah whispers, "you're doing great, Mom" that I just know things are right.  
Post a Comment

StatCounter