Thursday, November 1, 2012

Here I stand, I can do no other

Last night the kids and I attended a reformation service at our church.  It was not strange to be out - like I said, we've survived deployments, TDY's, remotes, shift-work, 12's....etc.  So, that didn't feel weird.  Though when someone was snapping pictures it did occur to me that this was the first.  Though, I am sure, if I were able to look through my photo library (were my computer not crashed and burned) I would find lots of pictures of the 4 of us - this was the first of "just" the four of us.  One more day, one more breath, one more hurdle. 

"That Word above all earthly powers, no thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours through Him Who with us sideth:
Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also;
The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still,
His kingdom is forever. "
                                                                                  - a Mighty Fortress is our God (Martin Luther)
Post a Comment

StatCounter