Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blue and Gold

February's Blue and Gold is an exciting time!  The scout's work hard all school year on their rank requirements and are awarded their new rank during this ceremony.  I was so sad not to be able to be there with my den.  I had already begun transitioning leadership over to the parents who had stepped up to leave when I was supposed to move in March, but then abruptly gave everything up when Rob was hospitalized earlier this month.  I was hopeful to still be able to attend the Blue and Gold, but it didn't end up happening and so I was very thankful for Linda and Jamie (Evan's Mom and Dad) who seamlessly transitioned the den to "theirs" and for Grandma Ann who stood in as Micah's parent during the rank ceremony.  The Pack also recognized Noah who has been such a great example and help as Den Chief. 

(above: Noah helps hand out rank) (right: Grandma Ann helps Micah pin his Bear patch on)
Post a Comment

StatCounter