Saturday, March 27, 2010

March Showers


Today we hosted a shower in our home for two very dear friends and their sweet little ones.  We've attended church with these families for 4 years and soon both families will be moving on to their next adventure with the Air Force.  This shower was a wonderful time to celebrate the new babies, but also celebrate their time here in Germany and in our lives.  

The hostess and the guests of honor.  My friend Alex came over Friday afternoon and stayed over to help me get all the yummy goodies baked and ready.  Sarah was instrumental in helping me get the house all pretty.  Heather with little Titus and Melody with baby Jessica born on TUESDAY the 23rd!



We made scones, hummus with veggies, and fruit.  We also made 4 different kinds of Quiche.  My friend, Michelle, also brought 2 quiche over since the crowd was bigger than I anticipated!  I had about 30 ladies join us for the celebration!  What a GREAT time!  The quiche:  Quiche Lorraine, Brie and Parmesan, Spinach and Feta, Mexican, Sausage and Pepper, and Asparagus.  The Punch was an orange juice slush and it was FABULOUS!
   During the shower we played some games, shared some stories, and (OF COURSE) ate LOTS of yummy food.  Rob returned from taking the boys bowling and he, the boys, Alex, and I got all the dishes done, food put away, and living room returned to normal.  Alex went to go have dinner with a friend and drop Sarah off at her babysitting job on the way, the boys all kept themselves busy while I put my feet up and napped for 2 hours on the couch!  WHEW!  What a fun day!

Post a Comment

StatCounter