Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just Beyond the Lamppost

I took the camera on my walk with the dogs this morning (we still have our visiting friend, Tango, for another week or so).  These pictures were taken on the trail where I usually go for my run.  The weather and a knee injury have prevented me from running since the beginning of January, but I still have to get that puppy out every morning or he drives me insane.  I will start physical therapy this week and they're predicting warmer temps by the end of today already, so hopefully I can get back to training by the middle of February.  Yesterday morning the trail was BREATHTAKING with the *freshly fallen (silent shroud of snow, for my S&G fan friends, sorry but that song was running through my head the entire walk yesterday) ) additional 2" we got over the night.  This morning I remembered to take the camera with me on my walk - the lighting wasn't as good today because the sun was hidden behind more grey snow clouds that are supposed to dump 1 - 2" this morning.  If you look closely you can see my little black puppy in some of these shots, having the time of his life and sniffing after rabbit, deer, and other dog's trails.
* lyrics from Simon and Garfunkel's "I Am a Rock".

Post a Comment

StatCounter