Saturday, September 12, 2009

Krissie's FIRST 1/2 marathon




Here we are after the half-marathon. I look like I just ran, well, a half-marathon to be quite honest - but Rob barely even broke a sweat, BRAT!! We didn't get medals, but we did get these cool T-shirts and water bottles!! We finished the 13.1 mile course in 2:10:38 - not bad for my first time, and Rob is content with the time even though it was like a snails pace for him. Although he did tell me his knees hurt "a little" going up the stairs just now, so I do feel a little better!
We didn't make the kids get up and go with us, even though they wanted to cheer us on, it just would have been too hard to have them wandering around base for 2 hours waiting. I didn't want the distraction of worrying about them, so it was just easier to know they were safe at home, sleeping in. So, there was noone there to snap a "finish-line" photo for us; Sarah caught this one as soon as we stepped out of the car.
Post a Comment

StatCounter