Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We are all heartbroken. Kim Blum lost her fight with cancer at the age of 33. She is the wife of my favorite cousin Erich (35) they had been married for 16 years, and the mother of Kristina (15), Erich Jr. (14), and Ashley (8 or 9?).
Kim has been battling a rare form of stomach cancer for a long time. She had complications from it before her youngest was even born, but it went undiagnosed as cancer until a couple years back. She fought ceaselessly, aggressively, and so very bravely.
Kim and Erich have been together since before High School, I've know her all my life. She was a wonderful wife and an excellent mother. She was devoted to those kids and they to her. She also made me LAUGH! She was FUNNY! I remember hanging out with them when they'd come see us in Missouri or we'd go to see them in Illinois and we would have such FUN times. I love her and will miss her terribly.
Here is a link to the obituary in their local paper.... click here
I have shared Kim's story with all my acquaintance and you have cried and prayed with me through her roller coaster of ups and downs with this terrible illness, so here is Erich's address if you'd like to send him and the kids a card.
34070 N. Lilac Ave.
Grayslake IL 60030
I am including a picture that I took of their family in 2001 when we stayed with them in Illinois. I have more recent pictures, but none on my computer. The kids look so small in this photo, but Kim looks great.
Post a Comment

StatCounter